Both this Tuesday and last Friday, I went to the Midway Plaisance Park ice rink. It is located on the southeast part of the University of Chicago campus in between the eastbound and westbound portions of 59th. The rink is situated in a small ravine that spans a long expanse of the road median. Because of the this it can actually pretty windy on the ice. Next to the rink is a permanent building with skate rentals, bathrooms, and a few tables. There is a staircase leading to an observing deck on the roof of the building. I would imagine that U of C folk go up here to watch intramural hockey games. To the back of the building is the U of C magnet school and other campus buildings. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Obama or Michelle took Sasha and Malia to skate on this rink.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Midway Plaisance
Both this Tuesday and last Friday, I went to the Midway Plaisance Park ice rink. It is located on the southeast part of the University of Chicago campus in between the eastbound and westbound portions of 59th. The rink is situated in a small ravine that spans a long expanse of the road median. Because of the this it can actually pretty windy on the ice. Next to the rink is a permanent building with skate rentals, bathrooms, and a few tables. There is a staircase leading to an observing deck on the roof of the building. I would imagine that U of C folk go up here to watch intramural hockey games. To the back of the building is the U of C magnet school and other campus buildings. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Obama or Michelle took Sasha and Malia to skate on this rink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment